Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just a Little Closer

For those of you who've never been through a D-I-V-O-R-C-E or a C-U-S-T-O-D-Y B-A-T-T-L-E, let me give a little insight. Of course, I previously mentioned that my 2nd big "D" was finalized last year. And, I mentioned that I am fighting for custody with ex-hubby #1.

These processes can be long and drawn out...

As we move closer to the court date, documents must be completed in a process called "discovery". Some attorneys may not call it that - only the good ones usually use that word. Others will say "answer these interrogatories and send them to me". What they mean is - the opposing party has questions that they want answered about your lifestyle, time spent with kids, etc. In turn, your attorney will make the opposing party answer questions as well. It's all about gathering data.

Intellectually, I understand and comprehend this need. Emotionally, however, I have a hard time with it because they (#1 & his attorney) can get pretty personal. Of course, my attorney does, too. I have NOTHING to hide. However, these situations make one second-guess themselves.

The sad thing is this: It couldn't be worked out amicably so it came to this. I actually feel bad sometimes because I didn't want it to be this way. #1 and I worked very hard to come to terms with past issues for 5 years, and we did a good job for a while. But the truth is, it worked fine as long as I did the legwork. This brain of mine finally said "WAKE UP" one day.

I am not a spineless or weak woman. However, there are those times, such as yesterday completing the questions and financial information, that I have a bad day. So, what did I do? I finally remembered that Daddy God has this handled. I may not like the outcome of this situation, but he's gonna take care of it. I prayed over it last night and this morning. It's gonna be okay - whatever the judge may decide - Daddy God is in control.

No comments: