Friday, December 5, 2008

More to Come

I'll add some more information as time allows. Right now, I'm finishing the week at my day job. It's been a crazy week.

I'm smack dab in the middle of the custody suit - trying to gain custody of the kids. I mentioned before that their dad was awarded custody in 2003. In 2004, I remarried and once again, thought it would be marital bliss. Wrong again! It was great for the first year and a half. Then I began to realize that the person I married the second time around was very selfish. He acted more like a kid than my kids did. He began raging not only at me, but the kids. Of course, I didn't understand it. So, counseling began. I wanted him to see that my kids acted the way they did because they were kids, and they live with a selfish person. That's pretty much all they saw.

It didn't get better, to say the least. Last Christmas Eve, he slapped me while I was driving with the kids in the car. My oldest son was placed in the position of defending me - which is something a mother NEVER wants her son to feel. More on that later.

For tonight, I have to get to the store and pick up a few items for the Christmas party at my day job. Yes, I currently work a full-time and part-time job. It's paying a few of the extra bills. I've just received my first paycheck from the part-time job. It's a little reassuring that I can get by - even if barely - on my own.

I'll go for now. Hope all of you are having a wonderful '08 Holiday Season. Stay Blessed - you know we all are!!! We just don't realize it sometimes....

1 comment:

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Okay, T, I'm loving your writing. Get more out there...